2010-01-23

Bitz delivery

I ordered a few basic bitz from Games Workshop which arrived yesterday.

The items were:


I didn't have any meltas and need one for the army, since they seem to be essential it can't hurt to have a few spare.

The flying base is to fix up a broken landspeeder. This is one of the metal ones from 2nd edition that they shipped on a tiny base for some reason. Of course it broke years ago after falling over and needs replacing with something more sensible.

The other bases are for several purposes. I have an original Blood Angels dreadnought (below) that never had a suitable base, there's a chance to do something a bit more interesting on the large base too.


I also have several terminators from before they started putting them on the larger bases as standard so I'll need to transplant them. I bought a bike squad at some point which came with cavalry bases, I think the newer bike bases are far more suitable. And the millions of small bases? Well I guess if the cats ever eat one I'll have plenty of spares. I do actually intend to mess about and try some different basing options which should also give me some practice.

I threw in the veteran because I liked the model and could do with another suitable model with a powerfist to act as a sergeant.

These parts should have filled in any gaps in building the initial 1000 points plus some of the things I'd like to do afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment