2010-01-24

Black is all the rage



This is where I will begin. The Death Company is where I got started in the hobby in the first place and so history will repeat itself. I've cleaned up mould lines, assembled and based the Death Company so they're ready to prime.

The chaplain is my favourite of the three I have available, one is the original Death Company chaplain, another is unassembled and is destined to wear a jump pack. I removed his bolt pistol and custom built a combi-melta out of a 2nd edition bolter and an autogun from Necromunda. I'm happy enough with it, it's quirky but balances out the pose of the model well. I got some melta-guns in the mail so I can always replace it with something more conventional but I'd like to see how it ends up when painted. The whole model will be getting an update.

For the bases I used the slate that comes with the 40k basing kit, I've also applied one of the resin pieces on the chaplain. I've never been great at the basing and conversion aspects of the hobby so it's interesting to start trying out a few things, even if they aren't all that adventurous just yet.

I'd like to try out a simplified version of the techniques detailed in the last issue of White Dwarf for painting Legion of the Damned. I'll be going for a warm scheme as they demonstrate on the weapons rather than the cooler blue that they use on the power armour.

I intend to post updates between steps so I can provide relevant commentary in managable snippets.

No comments:

Post a Comment